Monday, August 30, 2010

In Which We discover the Benefits of a clean room

By some small token of luck, this is not MY toe in the picture. It is Spencer's. Going in to tuck Caden in bed (who unfortunately for all involved shares a room with Levi), Spencer made the mistake of not wearing shoes in their messy room. I get a holler from upstairs and I casually came up to to find Spencer stuck to the floor (the other end of the hook embedded in the carpet) with this barbed hook in his toe! Not sure who was more horrified: Spencer with the hook; me having to pull it out; or Levi knowing that his neglect in cleaning up his fishing gear earlier in the week was cause for so much pain. Yuck!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel sick! When did this happen? After H2C I hope! Now I am worried this has something to do with the new fishing pole we gave Levi!

Thompson Family said...

Wow, what a fantastic picture! Sorry Spencer!

Melissa Rozeski said...

AHHHHH!! That looks so pain full!! Sorry Spencer!!! Seriously, I am a bit disturbed! It will be a great story forever in the family though.

Anonymous said...

No WAY!!! I hope he's on the mend. Ü What an unexpected shock. Oh those boys!!! Miss you.

Jenny said...

Yikes! Just seeing the picture was painful! Poor Spencer!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

There's one lesson he'll probably never forget! Poor Spencer...

jrushing said...

ouchie! that is all i can say!