I don't normally participate in tag, but out of due respect for one of my favorite friends, I will do it this time. Love you Meliss! :) Anyway, more info than you ever wanted to know but here goes:
My 6 unspectacular quirks:
1. I must have a blanket on my face to sleep. Even if it is 90 degrees in my room, I have to pull the sheet up over by my face to sleep. It must be from having a "blankie" as a bambina.
2. I am an overly obsessive budgeter. I don't even like gifts from my husband b/c I know where it has to come from. I am also terrible to shop with, b/c I will spend hours collecting things I want, only to leave them at the store, or worse come home and have to bring all the kids to do returns. ugh.
3. I make a menu and a grocery list EVERY time I go to the store. People think it is b/c I am organized, but it isn't. I can't shop without a list and I can't cook without a menu. I am NOT exxagerating about this. My pantry and fridge can be completely stocked but if I don't have a menu telling me what we are eating that night, we will have grilled cheese. if I go to the store without a list, I get cereal, milk and animal cookies. I am totally dependant on my lists!
4. Cooking. I love to try new recipes. This is good in some ways b/c we are always eating new and different things. It is bad in other ways b/c we never repeat (too boring) and Spence and/or the kids will ask "can we have...like we did...." and I can't bring myself to do it. It is also bad b/c I have large amounts of precious storage space used up in cookbooks!
5. I love to read. but, I never have time to do it...so when I finally get a book and decide to read, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING gets done. My kids don't eat (unless they find their own granola bar from the pantry), dishes don't get done, the phone doesn't get answered, and the TV stays on for longer than it should. Equally bad, I don't go to bed until it is finished. I have stayed up till 3, and 4am just to finish a good book! Haven't I learned about "moderation in all things"? Apparently not when it comes to a good book.
6. Food. I do not like any food on my plate to touch any other kind of food on my plate. The worst is if fruity stuff touches vegetably stuff. And dessert can NEVER be put on the same plate that dinner was eaten on. Ever.
I am now tagging: Nancy, Michelle, Kim, Mari, Havva, and Mikayla.
Rules:1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
Portland Pucker - a Mocktail recipe
2 days ago