Sunday, February 8, 2009

It is what makes you you...




On Friday after school Levi had a dental appointment. As I am getting kids into the car and ready for the appointment, my mom surprises us and knocks on the door. Not trying to be rude, I chatted for a bit before she hit the road but we really had to leave. When she was gone, I looked at the clock and it was less than 10 minutes till we had to be there. Well, we are frantically loading, I am shooing everyone, throwing purses, shoes, after school snacks, etc. into the car and we go on our way. I say, after we are all buckled and the engine is running with a sigh: "Just imagine a time where we are not rushed to an appointment or activity." And Levi says, "Mom, it is cute. it is what makes you you. We will always look back and remember you saying 'hurry up guys, get in the car'." It made me laugh at the moment, but that is certainly NOT what I want my kids remembering about me. Rarely do we just chill as we casually get in the car and casually arrive at any activity, we pretty much always do so half hazardly as we run from one thing to the next to the next to the next... We are just a little overscheduled, or things seem to come up last minute. I guess as long as he looks back on it fondly, it won't be too bad. Right?? :)

4 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Oh my gosh Chelsea, you too, huh? It seems even if I try to be on time and organized, like you said, things come up and we also are always rushing from one thing to another. I think it is just life as we know it at this point!

Jenny said...

yeah, well I'm gonna be that Mom...I think that is EVERY mom, well except for maybe 'Molly'...LOL

Melissa Rozeski said...

ditto, ditto!!!! Do you ever say "Let's hustle!!!!" or "We gotta rock'n roll!!!"---they might bring some new excitment to your rushing! They have served me well.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute story. He is so grown up! I came across a photo of Levi when he was three and we lived in the same apartment complex. It brought a smile to my face because I remembered him at that age, running out of your apartment and running into mine...right past me to my refrigerator to grab a chocolate milk or hawaiian punch or something? Remember?! Awww, that was a long time ago. You're doing a great job mama! :)